Being on Salary and the Social Security Increase

I'm self-employed and I work for another company part time. But my wife works for a big company full time and she is on salary wages. I make close to what she makes if you take my business and my part time job compared to her average salary. I would like to find a full time job too, but I don't have any college education and I'm 41 years old. I'm in pretty good shape and I've thought about going to school to be an athletic trainer or maybe a therapist. I wonder what an athletic trainer salary is? I'm guessing that a high-end athletic trainer pay has to be pretty good. I'll have to look that up.

But as I was looking for average salaries for different jobs
I came across a post that talked about social security cola. I thought, what the heck is S.S. cola? Is it a new drink! Nope, it's something new for 2012 and it involves a social security increase. I found out that cola is an acronym for cost of living adjustment. So another words, in 2012 those receiving social security will get an increase in what they receive, so as to offset the increases that continue to increase when it comes to normal day-to-day living. I just hope social security will be around when I'm able to retire. And I hope we will have cola too! Ha-ha